• PIAS was established in 1966 as an autonomous, non-commercial organisation committed to promoting socially responsible pet ownership.
• Funding is provided by Mars Petcare as a community service and PIAS has as its charter:
- to educate owners on the responsibilities of pet ownership
- to undertake original research on the relationship between man and companion animals
- to ensure accurate and reliable information is available to all interested parties on pet-related issues
- to encourage pet ownership in balance with society’s needs, and help owners enjoy their pets
- to provide information on and encourage the correct care of pets.
• For more information about PIAS visit www.petnet.com.au